Thursday, March 8, 2007

Is This Really Needed

Wow, I must of saved this as a draft and not published it, sorry for the lateness

Vagina Monologues, is an event that all most all women on Luther Campus look forward too. Auditions for this event become a big to do, and all those who auditioned feel they have the right to be in it. These auditions could remind someone of other musical or sporting auditions that happen on campus, in which the student body must deal with hearts breaking and feelings being hurt. But these feels are normal when it comes to auditions like these.

But is the actual play needed in today's society?
After personal watching Vagina Monologues for the first time, and seeing some of my friends in it, a part of me felt that all adult women should see this, but then a part of me felt like this was way too much. After talking to others about the play I found that this is a normal response. One fellow classmate said, "We don't go around talking about our asses or butt cheeks so why do we have Vagina Monologues?" Though the actually show was very put together nicely and it was a very big eye opener, I just feel that this might be a little too much.

No comments: