Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Weekly Reflection Chapter 9

Personal Learning Goal: To not give in to peer pressure.
Objectives: (Attitudinally based, and skilled) After reading the chapter on Social Cognitive, I will watch to see if I give into peer pressure, or I am the individual that follows my own path.
Methods: To see if I give into peer pressure I will reflect on the day in my journal and write down every event and action I do. This will help me to realize if I would have made these choices on my own or if peer pressure played a part.
Assessment: I know going into this week will be a little bias, but hopefully as the week goes on, I will live my life normally and not think too much on whether what I am doing is under peer pressure or not. After reading through my journal I realize that out of the five days (Monday-Friday), I fell under major peer pressure on Wednesday on my good friends birthday, but all most everyday I did something that I would not have done if I was not asked. These events were not always bad. On Thursday, I studied with a bunch of my friends, and was able to do a lot of homework. But on Wednesday, the traditional negative peer pressure came in to play when I went to a movie, and out to eat for dinner, and then watched a movie in my dormroom with my roommate and neighbor.
Reflection: According to Woolfolk there are many theories of social cognitive. During my week of observation, I realize that what made me pick the activities and events to go to were based on reciprocal influences from D.H. Schunk. Reciprocal influences are three forces-personal, social/environmental, and behavioral-are in constant interaction. They influence and are influenced by each other (330).

No comments: